Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 4: Aurora to Moab

It was another really hot day on the road!
We made great time getting out of Denver so we decided to do a drive through Colorado National Monument on the Rim Rock Drive.  There were some beautiful views of canyons and standing rocks.

Rim Rock Drive



MHZ and Rebecca at Artist's Point

Jeff and I at Artist's Point


Independence Monument

In Moab, we got settled in our cabin at Riverside Oasis.  It's called the Post Office.  (I didn't take a picture of it yet, but I will!) Here is one from their website.  It's pretty nice, with our own bathroom and cold air conditioning.  We went to the grocery store so we could cook dinner.  However, we didn't count on the BUGS.  There were swarms of little beetle/moth type things that loved to land on the back of your neck.  They didn't bite or anything but they were plenty annoying anyway.  Rebecca found them very distracting so we ate inside.  We did see this as we got food ready.


In a side note, I love to look for regional candy and other products when we're out west.  I started doing this  after we read Candy Freak by Steve Almond at book club.  I love Big Hunk and here's one I tried yesterday:
Marshmallow center, chocolate coating with coconut. It was OK. Not my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment