Thursday, February 9, 2012

February is for Finishing


So a friend-of-a-friend type of thing got me started following Life In Cleveland.  And she's declared that in February you should Finish the things you already have started.  At first, I thought this didn't really apply to me - I haven't been knitting very long and I don't have many projects on needles.  Then when I went looking I found that I have 3 pairs of socks, a pair of mittens, a handbag, and a scarf in various stages of done-ness. To knitters, not much, right?

To my husband, a crazy amount of things. 

Plus, there are those quilted things that aren't done either...

So I decided to jump on the bandwagon!  I updated this blog (does that count as finishing?) so it will be ready for the Next Big Adventure this summer.  (Yosemite and the OR coast.  With my own kid plus a spare 8-year-old.)  And then I finished these:


Very toasty thrummed mittens.  It's hardly been cold here this winter but that's OK.  I also find that you don't want to wear these when you have anything involving dexterity going on.  Unlocking the door is impossible since you can't find a key in your pocket with these monster mitts on.

They're entered in the first week's contest though!  And now to finish some socks...

No comments:

Post a Comment